As usual, my family took the routine route every new year. First stop was Da gu's house, followed by tua pek's house, ama 's house, then sa kim's house, temple, ending off with xi ku'shouse.
But I find it pretty werid and bored going around to people's house because there's practically no teenagers around. It is either working adults, retired, seniors or babies and children, none off them will have a common topic with me. & I have rised to another new position this year-堂叔, call until I so old like that -.-
Then there is this even more boring part. At about 3pm like that when my ama's house is simply packed with too many relatives, and I somehow dun wan to go address them, I just hide inside my cousin's room. hehheh, but ang pao will still come in one lol.
Also, there's the usual scene of 三姑六婆, (my ama got 4 daugthers, 5 daughter in laws & many more countless grand childrens), giving out ang pao until, they themselves gets a headache.
If not I will be sitting down there quitely on the sofa, while people older than me kept bringing me food & drinks calling me to eat and drink more. Because they say I too skiny le, must eat more -.-;
But funny enough no one actually really digged into my ugly results, which sorts of saves me tonnes of trouble.
Temple at bencoolen street, is as usual, cramped with nothing but people. The crowd is like worst than sardine cans. At least inside sardine cans one still gets to find tomato sauce in it. But down there I doubt any sauce can be squeezed in.
That's about it I think.
新年新希望
百尺竿头,更上一楼
No comments:
Post a Comment