Tuesday, March 29, 2011

6D5N 汕头,南奥,潮洲,普宁 . 游 .

I was in Guangdong Shantou province for a 6D5N tour cum relative visit trip.

Day 1

The trip started off at Terminal 1 , Changi Airport. ( which I am too bored of, cause I seems to always go to that terminal, probably because my choice of planes are always cheap lol). Anyway, took Jetstar's direct flight to Shantou Waisha Airport, which cost me a freaking $350/ 1-way trip / head....... Had self paid lunch on board.It was freaking expensive and not a worthwhile experience...... The reason being my $8 vegetarian meal had pathetic servings of 料 to go with the super dry and chewy thai fragrant rice......... and my mum had a bowl of congee ( which is just plain poridge with sugar, neligible amounts of mock chicken & peanuts)that cost a bomb of $8 !!!! LOL ( They like 8, I dunno why hahha)

Anyway, I dun blame them for that...... Reached Shantou at around 6pm, hmmmm was rather glad to be recieved by the guide and realise that me & my mum were on a private tour comprising of only two of us hahah and soon we were whisked off to the city of Shantou. There we had our first meal, hmmm not bad ( PS, forget wad I ate le haha, is some hong kong food). Ignore the meal for now, after that we checked into 龙湖宾馆, 4 * hotel that is situated directly beside the city's governor's office. COOL hahah........ ( stayed in that hotel for the first 3 nites, the breakfast buffet was awesomely teochew & I seriously like their fried rice & fried noodle & surprisingly their 九菜果 is really different from ours)

The weather there is super cool (cold) & dry, making me suffer from frost bites at nite, even though I had a 3 inch thick blanket, bleeding from my fingers without me knowing or rather sensing it.

Day 2

Woke up super early that day, cause I need to 赶船.After my hearty breakfast :) , I found myself to be on the way to 南奥岛. The road to the ferry terminal was freaking brezzy, lol. After 0.5 hours wait, I was driven onto that ferry that ferried me & my vehicle across the sea to 南奥岛 so cool hahhaah, the seawater even splashed onto the car I was on. :) The ferry ride is about an hour.

南奥岛 is an 外岛 of China, which is situated pretty near Taiwan. It was rummoured that the island's 相思树never bear's 相思seeds because Taiwan didnt reunite with Taiwan. But in a more scientific reason, it is simply because the wind on the island was so strong that the seeds drop before the even have a chance to ripe...... Anyway the island is a prestine island, graded as AAAA class natural site in China. The air is so fresh with freaking cold wind gushing towards me. The scenary is also breathtaking, fishfarms, antique residents, wind tubines, mountains & pine trees. Marvellous place to be in. Lunch was simply enjoyable, ate this special seafood, that is like jellyfish, but its not, chewy yet tasty :) After lunch, I was again whisked off to the ferry terminal, ( in a rush), because if not, I might still have been trapped on the island. Because the wind was exceptionally strong that day, resulting in limited number of ferry rides avaliable. But luckily, we reached the ferry terminal early enough :) Allowing me to do wad I like most SHOPPING hahaha. Brought lots of dried goods, 鲍鱼,干贝,海渗,海柳丝,紫菜,at a really really reasonable price :) .

After that was shopping at 南国商场. Due to time constrain I didnt manage to get much things. The haggling of price took me too long lols. But I was definately pleased with my buys from there. The detailed craftsmenship is exceptional. :) I should have brought MORE...... Things r really really cheap. A blazer cost only SGD $35!!!!

Day 3

Went 潮洲 via car. Had vegetarian lunch that day,after that visited 千年古刹开元寺. Really can feel the aura of the temple - 佛光普照大地之子.... Donated a bit, made some wishes & proceeded to 状元街 via 三轮车. Next up is 牌坊街,广挤桥. After which went to this very nice place I forget where le, the scenary is just awesome....... :) Day ends early.

Day 4

Did sightseeing in 汕头 itself climbed this er cave, with splendid lightings ( natural, not artificial) 别有洞天is how I described it. When we peaked, WOW it's like 置身云端,威风阵阵.Took cable car down, simply fantastic hahah.

After that I sort of forget where I go le, I only know I had luch then it was 2hrs ride back to 普宁, my mum was so happy that day :) It was like 这趟圆了我妈40yrs回乡探亲的梦.

To be continued

No comments: