Monday, May 16, 2011

BMT PES C2 L9

Phewewwwwwwwwww finally I am back from Tekong, Rocky Hill campsite ( BMTC school 4 to be exact). My feelings now are quite mixed, elated, glad, relieved, and emotional. ( afterall, in like less than 24 hours time I will be back in Tekong AGAIN!!!!)

Before I continue with this post, I think being an recruit or a national servicemen I need to state it clear that I have absolutely no intentions of revealing any secrets ( but I dunno any also) and that the following comments are based on personal feelings and under no cirumstances are the words meant to be personal attacks or disrespect against any higher authority or superiors.

My life as a soldier started on 3rd may 2011 1.45pm. A nostaligic day, whereby the coach ride from Pasir Ris interchange to the SAF ferry terminal and the penguin ride to the dreaded Tekong Island seems ever long..........

Upon arrival, we were ushered into this holding area, had our pink IC exchanged for green ic. Haizzzz, my photo look ugly now.Anyways, then we were ASKED to shout out lots of things, nvm abt it. Its part and parcel of enlistment, the swearing in etc........ Dinner with Julian & parents. & Julian thank you for being there :) Really appreciated it.

After we bid farewell from our loved ones, we were transported to BMTC school 4 by a tunnel, horrendous ride, with terrible downpour. Followed by the collection of the SAF distributed items which weighed like a tonne, almost dislocated some of my limbs on my way up to my bunk........ on 4th floor...... with toilets that cant flush & etc......

The first week was generally bored and kinda relax. With lots of lectures & 5BX was exchanged with AST. I manage to bath everyday, something I am pretty proud of :) The second week starts to become more xiong. Field camp was done, with me suffering quite abit. Handling of weapons was smth I really dont look forward to, afterall, I am just afraid that I loose anything. It's too big a responsiblity which I have no interest in beholding.

Let's start with foot drills, really hate it to the max. Because the drills are simply haizzzzzz diffcult to catch and I think I am too dumb for it. Field camp was bit of torture, having me to sleep in mud despite me having quite serve itches all over my body. Weapons was big no no, I actualy hyperventilated over it. ( Yes I know, it may sound ridiculous, but thats wad happened, even the seargents were bit shocked)

Thats an overview of wad happened & I think wad I can reveal. As for the following I would like to share certain emotions that was running through my brains these 2 weeks.

I was terribly home sick. I miss my mum, my dad, my brother, my friends, my home and my food. For the frist time I felt blessed to have such lovely ppl around me & that really is in gradtidue to the kins around. I will describe it with :家是每个心灵的天堂
......... The food in NS is like either too saltish or too blend or too spicy. And curry or chillies are served every other day......... And once in a blue moon food served can taste rather platable, however, when this happens, we will have to trade it for a shorter meal time. This is life, we never get a complete set, ut at least we get half a set......... & my mum cooking is the best in the world.

I am really terrified by explosives & was rather glad that I was exempted from it, for I mentioned above, even the sighting of explosives can caused me to enter this compleete mode of tension and anxiety.

I really hated the vulgarites, swears , curses, shoutings for no apparent reason thrown out of the superiors mouth. It just irks me and scares the wits out of me. Making me felt enxious, pressurized, terrified and go blank........ Sometimes I just felt like hiding, but I know that I have to face certain realities.

I felt that all the stress and pressures in the army had not helped with my recovery but like my bunk mates that shared my sentiments, worsen my present scenario. I just hoped that I am adapting and that I dun have to add on to my medication dosage....... Because there were times that I simply felt helpless and meaningless to the extend of going blank...........

Thats abbt it, booking in at 1850 tmr..........Time to clean up. :)

No comments: