3.45 pm today signifies the end of PW cycle .lols.(actually there's still I&R left but .............)
Anyway I am feeling so so so relieved now. It's like finally, the whole thing sort of come to an end. A tiring year indeed, with ups & downs.
Currently trying to clear the 2.25 GB of PW memory on my thumbdrive, specially dedicated to PW hahah. Was rather shocked that I had so much files there also.
Lets see........................
Preliminary Ideas (aka PI) - To me, the most horrifying stage of PW. With ideas rejected after ideas. Hmmmm thinking back, I should have came up with roughly at least 25 ideas, before I settled down with coral reefs conservation and conservation of built heritage on Pulau Ubin. But, that doesnt mean that I was "enlightened", it was only the start of nightmare hahahah. Drafts after drafts & stupid evaluation and analysis, keep making me retain at AE. With the nite before last submission, having Mr Ching to mark & mug PI with the group of us, lols. But, I still manage to get over it & move on to ,ermmm lets recall, GPP.
Group project proposal (GPP) - Hmmmm, rather easy, rembered that the group came together and marked each other's PI & in the end, vote. Ling Rong won! hahah. Applying lessons derived from conservation of THE LAST JUDGEMENT MOSAIC IN CZECH REPUBLIC to CONSERVATION OF LOCAL TRADITIONAL CHINESE PASTRIES.
After that, the group embarked on a tedious journey lol. We came together and did the GPP. & guess what, we were the first to get green light to continue with our project :)
Research, data collection, interviews - The most fun & delicious part of our project. Although drafting the letters to ask for interviews & coming up with the interview questions were diffcult, we managed to get it done.
Managed to clinch 3 interviews, a WOW factor to most people. GIN THYE CAKE MAKER, NG KIM LEE CONFECTIONARY & last but not least TONG HENG. Special thanks to Mrs Lim, Mr Ng & Mr Fong (resepctive owners & person in charge of the above mentioned pastries shops) for their help :) For if not for their support to our proposals and willingness to accept our interviews, our groups would not have come so far. Got quite some free samples, with the bulk & the most delicious ones coming from TH & the rare delights from GT .
Did survey at Bukit Batok, West Mall. Sort of the got licked off by Capitaland Malls or rather West mall management, for "photographying" , without a proper write in approvement. Jessie did the graph plotting & stuffs, or rather redo it like countless times hahah, sorry for that.
Evaluation of materials (EOM) - The thing that I enjoyed most, afterall, it was like the only thing that I know how to do in the whole PW cycle. Mr Ching left & Miss Yeoh came. (transition period) Researched for articles on the net & did a small write up & everything went smoothly here.
Written Report(WR) - An uphill task, thats what I would say. Or sickening hahah, drafts after drafts, meet ups after meet ups, redo and redo, rephrase or paraphrase. Spent quite afew nites editing, slogging through it, but luckily with the help of all, we managed to reduce the word count from 5000 +++ to the limit of 3000. With pictures from our interviews, quotes from interviewees, transcription (an equally tiring & tedious job), annex from the net , compiling to form a 83 page report, which cost an average of $36 to bind and print per copy.(Mind you, there's 3 copies to be handed up, in total) A huge investmeent but it is worth it.
Oral Presentation (OP) - Hmmmm, the most recent thing. Took quite afew nites editing & recompiling it, to make it more presentable. Speech, was zzzz took me quite sometime before I managed to memorise it, but still it didnt turn out as though I have memorised. 2 days ago, my script changed again..... haizzzzz
But luckily I managed to scraped through today. Although I did mixed up my old & new script today, at some point of the time, I managed to realize it in time & make appropriate changes to it. Was rather nervous. Q& A was quite bad, as in the wway I talked, but I find that I have answered the question(shld I say well?). Like what Mrs Fazlin said, I tried my best :)
BTW, brought lots of traditional chinese pastries for display today, & served them also :) Although not all the pastries were well recieved, I think everyone still enjoyed eating them especially the egg tarts. Even Mr Ching asked for more hahah :)
Insights and Reflections - The only thing I am left with now. Hope that I can draw a 完美的句号for PW with it.
A bumpy ride, but I will be reaching the end of the tunnel soon, hope that I will see the sun rise :)
Heart felt gratitude to Mr Ching & Miss Yeoh, for the guidance and assitance provided & sorry if I was too irritating. Also, will be missing some of the most enjoyable, interesting & fun lectures ever :) thanks for the lively lectures :)
As, for my group, though sometimes, our views might not come to an concensus, but we still managed to walk through it together , without much hiccups. Really apologetic for being so naggy, bossy & perhaps irritating at times. Hope that there's no hard feelings. & Thank you for the memories, helped offered & more importantly sincere thanks for being there & being able to tolerate my actions at times :)
同甘共苦
No comments:
Post a Comment